Tuesday, July 31, 2012

~Product Review...YSL VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY~

                                                 ~YSL VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY~

YSL's Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm is literally a touch of pure bliss for your lips! This is a product I purchased in the beginning of summer and had automatically become my summer lip staple. Now I had been in the market to pickup a YSL lipstick not only because of the gorgeous packaging but because of the fantastic reviews I would always read. However, when I came across the Sheer Candy range of lip products from the line my eyes were instantly glued! I was automatically drawn to the color I ended up purchasing (04 Succulent Pomegranate). This color is described as a sheer bright pink with red undertones. I happen to LOVE bright lips lately. This past spring I was usually rocking a fuscia lip or a bright coraly peachy pink lip! But this summer I have pretty much only been wearing this product! First off, like I said, the color immediately caught my eye, but when I actually applied the product it was a rush of moisture and hydration penetrating my lips. It felt so luxurious and light, and actually as if my lips were benefiting from the product! 
As I continued to do my research online I found out why my lips felt and looked so amazing. It's 1st ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid Spheres. Now for those of you who do not know Hyaluronic Acid Spheres penetrate the upper layers of the epidermis where they absorb water from the  environment, swelling and growing up to 30 times their initial volume. Basically, it will make you look like you just got your lips done! And without fail, while wearing this product I had gotten asked if I had gotten my lips injected (twice). FYI- hyaluronic acid is also used in fillers such as botox and restalyne. There are also fabulous antioxidants in this product such as Rosemary Extract, Pomegranate Extract, and Gamma Oryzanol blend and Candellila Resin which protect your lips from free radicals (AKA the gross, polluted air).  
All said and done, this is a must-have lip product, not just because of the work of art packaging or the gorgeous colors but because of all the amazing benefits it gives your lips! 
It retails for $30 and you can pick it up in Sephora, Bloomingdales, Saks or Nordstroms :) 
Let me know what summer lip products you enjoy :) 
Teeni XX 
Look at that gorgeous YSL packaging! 
04 Succulent Pomegranate 
Sheers out beautifully for summer :)

2 comments:

  1. Heyy I really enjoy reading your blog and just wanted to let you know that I nomitated your blog for the Liebster award. There's a link to my blog with the rules and an in depth explanation. Thank you, Claire xo.

    www.clairesmakeupspot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claire! Love your blog too :) I am working on the tag right now! XOXO

    ReplyDelete